Northern PR Services collects privacy information when it is provided to us.
This is mostly by subscribers to receive news and information services and clients registering as advertisers.
Access to our digital services including EDMs and websites is registered and can be tracked on Google Analytics and the EDM Application.
We use this information to tailor or enhance the value of the general user experience.
Our policy for the collection of information to build databases to support electronic digital marketing is consistent with The ACMA Spam rules for marketers and telemarketers. This includes the Spam Act.
In the case of complaints, the contact’s details are deleted either on resolution. This is pending legal responsibilities otherwise.
Resolution is defined as receiving no further response within six weeks or referral to The APC or The ACMA.
We will not send unsolicited direct marketing emails, without consent, unless permitted to do so by law. We will always identity ourselves and give you the option to opt out of further communications.
We send electronic communications to registered advertising and other customers for account administration purposes.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose personal information we collect to:
- technology service providers, including, internet service providers, app service providers, cloud hosting service providers, software supplier, and maintenance and support service providers and security services on a confidential basis so that they can provide services to us;
- analytics service providers including Facebook and Google Analytics (for more information, you can read the Google Analytics Terms of Service here);
- subscription service providers and their mailing houses.
These third parties may be located in Australia or outside Australia, including but not limited to New Zealand, Singapore, the UK, the Netherlands, Ireland, Israel, India, and the USA.
- Northern PR Services understands to the best of its ability that its contracted service providers do not do an act or engage in practices that would breach Australian regulations.
- Northern PR Services will not sell or receive payment for licensing or disclosing your personal information.
- Northern PR Services may include links to third party content on its website and in other electronic communications. It holds no control over the privacy practices of those third parties. Please check the website of each relevant third party for details of their privacy policies. Northern PR Services has no control who links to its sites.
Northern PR Services curates its social media in an ongoing capacity. By its nature, social media includes a comment or response functionality. Subscribers should be careful to ensure that they only post information online if they are happy for it to be and to remain publicly available.
Updating personal information
Subscribers and advertising customers have the right to access personal information held by Northern PR Services and responses to these requests are consistent with both the Freedom of Information 1982 and Privacy Acts 1988.
Northern PR Services will action requests to correct personal information that it holds and will take reasonable steps to make appropriate corrections to make it accurate and complete.
Please contact the managing editor with any concerns.